12 to 24 months
What will I study?
Whilst studying an Apprenticeship you will work towards demonstrating your knowledge (at college) and competence (at work), on the following units:
Intermediate Apprenticeship units include:
- Communicate with others in building services engineering
- Install and maintain domestic plumbing and heating system
- Domestic cold water system installation and maintenance techniques
- Domestic central heating system installation and maintenance techniques
Advanced Apprenticeship (Pathway-Gas- Fired Water and Central Heating Appliances) units include:
- Organise resources in building services engineering
- Carry out electrical work on domestic plumbing and heating systems and components
- Install domestic gas water heaters and wet central heating appliances
- Install, commission, service and maintain domestic plumbing and heating systems
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence. There is also a requirement to complete the following elements: employee rights and responsibilities workbook and personal learning and thinking skills.
GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in Maths and English. Vocational Assessment required.
Following successful completion of an Advanced Apprenticeship could be Higher Education, an NVQ Level 4, HNC/D in Plumbing or a Foundation Degree.