12 to 24 months
What will I study?
Whilst studying for an Apprenticeship you will work towards demonstrating your knowledge (at college) and competence (at work) in the following units:
Intermediate Apprenticeship units include:
- Promoting products and services to clients in a salon
- Developing and maintaining effectiveness at work
- Providing facial skin care
- Removing hair using waxing techniques
- Providing manicure treatments
- Providing pedicure treatments
Advanced Apprenticeship units include:
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety practice in the salon
- Contributing to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Providing body massage
- Providing massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Providing Indian head massage
- Providing stone therapy treatments
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence for the NVQ and on-line tests and assignments for the knowledge elements. There is also a requirement to complete the following elements: employee rights and responsibilities workbook and
personal learning and thinking skills.
GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in Maths and English. Vocational Assessment required.
You could progress onto Higher Education, such as our Level 4 BTEC Higher National Certificate in Hair and Beauty Management. You could then progress onto a Foundation Degree in Beauty Therapy.