At Yorkshire Coast College we're committed to supporting all of our learners, we therefore provide a number of services on a wide range of personal, social, and academic levels.
If you have a learning difficulty, a sensory impairment, or a physical disability, we will provide you with all the support that you need so you can attend and enjoy and achieve on your course.
When you apply to the college we will meet with you to discuss your learning needs and if you require specialist support our Learning Support Team will ensure you get dedicated help.
We will provide help and support in a number of areas, including:
- Dyslexia or dyscalculia
- Autistic disorder such as Asperger's syndrome
- Hearing or a visual impairment
Our learning support team will also help you if you have a disability affecting your mobility Please call 01723 372105 for more information or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our learner support provision Yorkshire Coast College offers a counselling service which provides confidential guidance and support. Your counsellor will be a member of a professional organisation that has developed codes of ethics and practice.
Counselling is an opportunity to talk about any worries you may have. It helps you to look at your thoughts and feelings related to the problem in a safe and confidential setting, with a trained professional who will listen and not judge you. Counselling can help you to:-
- Look at those areas in your life that are causing you stress.
- Understand what existing support you have.
- Discover what further support is available.
- Develop a different way of managing problems.
Your counsellor will arrange meeting times with you, which normally take place once a week lasting 50-60 minutes. How many times you see a counsellor will depend on your individual needs and will be discussed during your first appointment.
If you have any questions please contact the Counselling Service on 01723 372105
We understand some of our learners will need financial help during their studies and depending on their situation we have a 16–19 bursary scheme in place that can help with things like travel expenses, equipment, childcare costs and trips..
In addition to this, to help our students even more we've also introduced an extensive package of benefits to replace the Government's Educational Maintenance Allowance (EMA), which includes;
The Yorkshire Coast College Discount Card gives our learners access to an exclusive range of discounts in our area, from clothing to music and everyday essentials.
- Free Parking
- A Free Health Clinic
- Extra-value training giving you the experience that employers are looking for, including first–aid, communication skills and customer service skills
- Personalised support from our tutors and learner advisors
- Careers advice and Higher Education support
- Dedicated Chaplaincy and Counselling services
- Free Healthy Breakfasts and Lunches
- Free Wi–Fi
The Government is also offering benefits, subject to conditions, which include:
Download Application Form
- A 1,200 per year bursary scheme for 16–19 year olds